Whether you are long-time beekeeper, interested in becoming a new beekeeper or just curious about bees, we hope you will find this website useful.
Each month we meet at the Central Office of the Raleigh County Board of Education. These educational sessions and association meetings occur on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Please join us as we discuss the care and raising of bees and current apiculture management techniques.
- To educate members and the general public concerning healthy beekeeping practices.
- To train beekeepers in practical, successful and responsible practices of raising healthy honey bee colonies and harvesting honey through formal classes, public presentations, and general sharing of ideas and experiences.
- To form collaborative partnerships to educate students in Raleigh County Schools and other area youth organizations about the importance of honey bee preservation and responsible beekeeping.
- To increase public awareness of the importance of honey bees to our environment, ecology and food production.
- To collaborate as appropriate with other organizations with similar goals, in the collection and sharing of data and experiences.
The flower doesn’t dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes.
– Mark Lepo